Thursday, November 1, 2012

I believe Romney will win.



I'm going on the record.  I believe Romney will win.  
 I believe this even though I know full well that the Democrats are cheating in all the “swing States.  I believe Romney will still win in spite of all the cheating and it will be the CHRISTIAN vote that does it.

Chick-fil-A was the subtle hint of what’s coming on Election Day.   Ad to that, the fact that the Rev. Billy Graham is endorsing Romney and supporting him with full-page ads in newspapers across America.

Mormonism doesn’t work for me.  I just wanted to get that straight, right off the bat.  I have serious doubts about the timeline of events believed by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  I just can’t swallow the idea that the Son of Man rolled away the rock and then ascended into heaven, only to make a pit stop on the other side of the planet.  It’s not that I doubt that Jesus could have dropped in on the loincloth-and-human-sacrifice set, I just don’t believe it.

I don’t spend time thinking about LDS doctrine.  Mormons are welcome to believe whatever the heck they want, and so am I.   That’s the American (not to mention Constitutional) way.  And I would have guessed that the Democrats would move to the front of line to join me in dismissing attempts to criticize any candidate based on his religious beliefs.  After all, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) shares the Mormon faith espoused by Governor Mitt Romney; and I have heard no howls of derision pouring forth from the left regarding Reid donning any “magic underwear,” promoting polygamy or otherwise planning to impose his faith on those of us who prefer our wine to actually contain a little alcohol.  (You know, like the wine that Christ drank)

I have been good friends with several Mormons during my lifetime, and every one of them was as honest and trustworthy as anyone I have ever met.  They never tried to impose any of their beliefs on me and I never tried to impose mine on them.   I know a lot of “Christians” who would do well to take a few pointers from them on how to conduct themselves.  I have never actually met Harry Reid, but I don’t thing he is a very good Mormon anyway, and I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t like him.

Congressmen like Representative Keith Ellison (D-Minn.), a Muslim, keeping company with Islamo-fascist-linked hate groups like the Council on American-Islamic Relations should bother people more than Romney’s religion.  The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints causes me no great consternation.  It’s not as if the Mormon clergy espouse a doctrine of hatred, racism and “God damn America.”   Now that really would be wrong, wouldn’t it?

2 comments:

  1. I agree Romney will win by a landslide providing the polling machines will stop picking Obama when the voter votes for Romney.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All principled conservative voters — be they Evangelical Christians, social conservatives, fiscal conservatives, or another mix of traditional values — no longer have the luxury of taking a powder on their civic responsibility to vote. They must vote on Nov. 6.

    In 2007 and 2008, most of the mainstream media did all in their power to simultaneously push Mr. Obama while masking his far-left ideology and his empty resume. Their unethical behavior (which they have doubled-down on in 2012) combined with good Americans choosing to sit out the 2008 election, gave us President Obama and deepened our nation's decline into mediocrity, insecurity and despair.

    In 2008, a few thousand votes made the difference between winning or losing crucial states.
    Obama won North Carolina by only 14,000 votes. He won Indiana by only 28,000 votes. He won Florida by only 236,000 out of well over 8 million cast.

    Just those three states represent 55 out of the 270 electoral votes needed for victory. Three states that Obama squeaked out by less than 280,000 votes.

    ReplyDelete