Here is a little history lesson for President Obama.
You should recall that a few weeks ago, President Obama spoke of three former Presidents making prisoner swaps at the end of wars that took place on their watch, "much like this swap" he said convincingly.
CNN carried this quote, "This is what happens at the end of wars." President Barack Obama boasted Tuesday when he was asked about swapping American Army Sgt. Deserter for five vicious Taliban terrorists. "That was true for George Washington, that was true for Abraham Lincoln, and that was true for FDR. That's been true of every combat situation, that at some point, you make sure that you try to get your folks back...and that's the right thing to do."
That statement blatantly demonstrates that the most powerful man in the World, and two term President of the United States, lacks even a grade school level of knowledge of American History; specifically, history as it relates to three of our most famous presidents. It demonstrates again that we have essentially elected a foreigner who has no understanding of the very country that he reigns supreme over. Then again, he was educated at an IVY League school so you can't expect too much!!
What's wrong with his statements? Let's keep it simple-- EVERYTHING is wrong! ?
1. George Washington did not become president until six years after the Revolutionary War ended in 1783. By 1789 there were no longer any prisoners for him to exchange. ? ?
2. Abraham Lincoln was assassinated in mid-April of 1865.The Civil War ended the following month. He was still dead at that time. No deals were made to exchange prisoners after the war. All prisoners were simply freed.
3. FDR died of a stroke before the end of WWII. Like Lincoln, he stayed dead after the war so he couldn't do what this jerk says he did. You'll recall that Harry S. Truman made the decision to drop two nuclear bombs on Japan, ending World War II. He made no deals for prisoners. We went in and released them when necessary.
4. None of the Presidents that Obama noted were in office at the ends of those wars, making it impossible for them to make any sort of prisoner swaps, let alone the 5 for 1, plus unspecified cash, for a deserter and traitor by our "57 States" president.
5. It should be pointed out that countless deserters and traitors were shot or hung during all three of the aforementioned wars. What amazes one even more than the ignorance of the President is that he has managed to surround himself with a staff that is just as clueless or willing, as the media are, to cover for his dumb, lying rhetoric and behavior!
P.S. Obama mentioned while being interviewed on Super Bowl Sunday while in the White House kitchen, that George Washington drank beer in the White House when he was president.
George Washington never lived in the White House; it wasn't built yet.
If a person is not smart enough to fact check his material before making a speech, is he smart enough to be President?