Thursday, August 2, 2012

WHY I SUPPORT CHICK-FIL-A


I had lunch at Chick-fil-a yesterday for the very first time.  It was primarily to show my support.  They were VERY busy so apparently a lot of people wanted to show support. The food is better than most “fast food” places and the service was AMASING especially considering how busy they were.  I have NEVER seen service like that in a fast food place.

The way I see it, this whole Chick-fil-a thing has nothing to do with sexual orientation or same sex marriage. To me, it’s all about the fact that they are trying to deny this man (who founded Chick-fil-a) his right to free speech AND his religious freedom.

As a matter of fact, when government officials (like the mayors of Chicago and a couple other cities) do it, it’s a felony and they could, and should be prosecuted. They are after all “Government officials”.   What part of the First Amendment do these radical mayors not understand?  The First Amendment is about preventing government from infringing on political speech.  This is a clear-cut case of suppression and punishment for exercising the right of free speech.



Liberals want to have their right to free speech, but they want to deny that right to anyone that has a different viewpoint.  They can’t have it both ways.

I personally do not condone same-sex marriage but it really isn’t any of my concern what other people do and I don’t thing it should be any concern of the government.  It does not coincide with my belief that God made man for the woman and woman for the man.  I view marriage as a holy and sacred union between God, man and woman.  This is my moral conviction and I will always abide by this belief.  That being said, I am not against homosexuals.  In consistence with my religious belief, I believe in showing love towards everybody without discrimination.

I strongly salute Chick-Fil-A and support their freedom of speech as well as their freedom of religion.   I don’t recall Chick-Fil-A ever expressing their desire for gays not to eat at their locations or to seek employment with them.  The assault on their religious belief is beyond asinine and absurd.

I find it very ironic that many of the people that preach tolerance neglect to practice that very principle.  In doing so, they are proving themselves to be as ignorant and intolerant as Rosanne Barr and the above mentioned Mayors.

Tolerance is the ability to love and to remain grounded in one’s convictions and beliefs. This has been and will continue to be my stance even though I have been strongly criticized for that tolerance.

If we look the other way and fail to support those who are being denied their constitutional rights, we will all end up losing those rights.  It happened in Nazi Germany and it could happen here, especially with the current administration in power.


  Here's another link you might like.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YI_d3fkRsis&feature=share 


No comments:

Post a Comment