WHAT HAS MITCH McConnell DONE?
VERY GOOD QUESTION…This year alone, he has:
- Forcefully defeated the valiant efforts of Senators Mike Lee and Ted Cruz to defund Obamacare.
- Failed to support Senator Mike Lee's effort to defund Planned Parenthood in the wake of their body parts trafficking scandal.
- Helped Harry Reid block a vote on an amendment offered by Ted Cruz that would have prevented lifting sanctions on Iran unless and until Iran recognizes Israel’s right to exist as a Jewish state and unless and until Iran releases American hostages.
- Allowed Senator Harry Reid and the Democrats to pass an amendment that reauthorized the Export-Import Bank (Ex-Im) – as a reward the lobbyists on K Street and undeniable corporate welfare. This action was so egregious that Ted Cruz boldly took to the Senate floor and called out Senator McConnell for lying.
- Was referred to by George Stephanopoulos as President Obama’s "point man" in the Senate; and
- Received a hand-written note of thanks from Barack Obama for his role in the confirmation of Attorney General Loretta Lynch – the number one cheerleader for unbridled Presidential power.
- During the 2014 election cycle, he called conservatives "profoundly stupid" and "traitors." He said we should be "punched in the nose" and promised to "crush" us "everywhere."
We know that Mitch McConnell is no friend to conservatives. In fact, Roger Villere, Louisiana Republican Party Chairman, has called for McConnell’s resignation. Even Rand Paul, the junior Senator from McConnell’s home state of Kentucky, refuses to say whether or not he supports McConnell.
There is very little difference between THIS rino and Boehner.