Monday, August 17, 2015

ARE WE BEING PLAYED BY DONALD TRUMP?



Donald Trump would have my full support if I knew he would not run as an Independent. 
The possibility of that should have all conservatives concerned because the more popular he becomes, the more damage he Would do running as an independent.  

He reminds me so much of Ross Perot.  Like Perot, he is a Billionaire.  Like Perot, he is saying what Conservatives want to hear.

Remember when Bill Clinton ran for President?  He didn't stand much of a chance until Billionaire Ross Perot ran as an independent and split the conservative vote.   Then four years latter when ole slick Willie ran for re-election, the same damned thing happened.

Now the Democrats are faced with the same problem.  Just about ANY candidate that wins the Republication nomination can beat any candidate the Democrats can come up with...unless an independent splits the conservative vote again.

I will not vote for Trump as an independent, but I will vote for him as a Republican.   Why would I?

Because I want my border secured and illegal aliens prosecuted and/or deported.   I want a military strong enough to contend with Iran, Russia, China, and any number of no-official enemies.   I want jobs brought back to America, and not just part time jobs.   I want the EPA and Homeland security out of my personal life and business.  I don't want non-elected people making laws - especially laws that violate the constitution.  The only candidates, other than Trump who seem to agree with me on those important issues are Ted Cruz and Ben Carson.

My worst nightmare is that Trump will go Independent, split the conservative vote, and we end up with the likes of Bernie Sanders, or Biden, or Al Gore as President.  And I can’t help but wonder if maybe that has been the secret plan all along.

It is no secret that Trump has been pretty Liberal on a lot of issues in the past.  He was even registered as a Democrat, and for all I know, he may still be.  It is also no secret that he supported Bill Clinton, Obama, and Hillary Clinton.  It is also no secret that he is a very clever business man who knows how to get what he wants.
Maybe I’m just a little too conservative to trust a guy who voted for Obama and who not only supported Hillary Clinton but thought it was a cool move to bribe her to come to his wedding.


 
Here’s a very interesting story in the Washington Post: http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/bill-clinton-called-donald-trump-ahead-of-republicans-2016-launch/2015/08/05/e2b30bb8-3ae3-11e5-b3ac-8a79bc44e5e2_story.html
And Vanity-fair: http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2015/08/bill-clinton-called-donald-trump-before-presidential-run-2016

I had a really scary though the other day; how can we be sure that Ross Perot was really serious about wanting to be President?  How do we know that it wasn’t all a big scam from the get-go to get slick Willy elected? 
    
I hope to God I am wrong about this, but IF and WHEN he switches from Republican to Independent, I will REALLY be worried.



UPDATE
I may be wrong about Trump.
He may be the real deal.  He is as far as I’m concerned until and unless he goes Independent.
Washington (CNN)Donald Trump has won his party's trust on top issues more than any other Republican presidential candidate, and now stands as the clear leader in the race for the GOP nomination, according to a new CNN/ORC poll.

The survey finds Trump with the support of 24% of Republican registered voters. His nearest competitor, former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, stands 11 points behind at 13%. Just behind Bush, retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson has 9%, Florida Sen. Marco Rubio and Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker 8%, Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul 6%, Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, former tech CEO Carly Fiorina and Ohio Gov. John Kasich all land at 5%, with former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee rounding out the top 10 at 4%.
Trump is the biggest gainer in the poll, up 6 points since July according to the first nationwide CNN/ORC poll since the top candidates debated in Cleveland on Aug. 6. Carson gained 5 points and Fiorina 4 points. Trump has also boosted his favorability numbers among Republicans, 58% have a favorable view of Trump now, that figure stood at 50% in the July survey.

These nationwide findings follow recent polling in Iowa and New Hampshire showing Trump also leads the Republican field in those two key early states.


No comments:

Post a Comment