Tuesday, April 8, 2014

THE SKY IS FALLING...



Drone falls out of the sky and injures athlete

A triathlete suffered head injuries after an unmanned aerial vehicle fell out of the sky, with the pilot claiming the drone had been hacked.

MY TWO CENTS:
This is something I have been concerned about every since these “unmanned aircraft” started becoming so popular.  As a former pilot, and flight instructor, I can assure you that when the pilot is actually IN the aircraft, he tends to be much more careful.   His very life is at stake.   If you become careless, you die, or at the very lest end up in the hospital.

I don’t know what kind of regulations exists on these unmanned aircraft.  I don’t know if a license is required to fly one.  I don’t know if any training is even required.  But I don’t think an unlicensed, untrained person should be allowed to fly one over a populated area or over people at all for that matter.

I doubt very seriously that this drone was “hacked”.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment